Eating well and staying healthy shouldn’t have to take a back seat to staying on budget, but with the current rise in prices it is becoming even more challenging, especially for families. We have taken to the kitchen to test some family-style meals that not only satisfy your belly but also your bank account. We challenged ourselves with $30 or less per meal for a four serving dinner.
12 Ways to Make the Most of Your Food Budget
- Meal plan
- Make a list and stick to it
- Get flyer and shop sales
- Search brand websites for coupons
- Cook with leftovers
- Stock your pantry with staple items
- Cook large batches and freeze what you can
- Get creative with basic ingredients
- Embrace the box! Boxed items like mac and cheese are a great base for meals
- Trade animal proteins for plant-based proteins
- Join budget recipe groups on social media pages for new ideas
- Plan to use larger cuts of protein in more than one meal
The article was published in the September/October 2022 issue of The Good Life Magazine.