Communities are everything
We are honored to get the opportunity to work within the communities we have the privilege to operate each and every day. Being able to support and give back in as many ways as we possibly can is something that gets us up in the morning. We’ve created a variety of ways for the community to get involved and help us give back. From supporting community events and volunteering to our Brilliant Brains Book Club to encourage reading and 3% Club that helps us support local community groups, non-profits, and clubs, we can’t help it, we love our community!
Supporting our team to think local
Loving our communities means showing up to participate and help wherever we can. So, every week, we make sure one of our team members can spend some of his or her regular work shift as a volunteer.
We have been proud to roll up our sleeves for organizations like Food Banks in all our communities, the North Okanagan Gleaner’s Society, the Kamloops SPCA, the South Okanagan Women in Need Society, Inspire Health and The Westside Health Network.
And as a company we have been happy to partner and raise money for the United Way, Sustainable Environmental Network Society (SENS), the Kindale Developmental Association, the Live Inspired Integrated Cancer Care facility, and Food Banks BC.
What if you could raise funds for your non-profit organization just by doing your grocery shopping?
Introducing the 3% Club. A program designed to effortlessly raise funds for your not-for-profit organization. Every time an employee, member, or volunteer from your organization shops at Nature’s Fare Markets we donate 3% of the total (before tax) to your non-profit. That can really add up.
How it works
• Sign up and get started. After you register we send you everything you need to start collecting receipts.
• Spread the word! We give you the tools to communicate to everyone in your non-profit organization.
• Track your progress. Encourage and celebrate people’s participation when they bring in their receipts.
• Total and submit. Three times a year, we’ll send you a reminder email to total and submit the receipts to us (due April, August and December).
• Within a month we’ll send you a cheque for 3% of your total receipts (before tax), as a tax-free donation!
We look forward to working together to help better our communities.
Brilliant Brains Book Club
We all know that books open worlds of knowledge and adventure, especially for kids, and that’s why we’re so pleased to tell you about - and invite your partnership in - Nature’s Fare Markets’ Brilliant Brains Book Club for Kindergarten to Grade 7 students.
Brilliant Brains was created to encourage children to enjoy all the pleasures and benefits of reading – and is just one of the ways we, at Nature’s Fare Markets, work to support healthy lifestyles for people who live in our communities.
We hope your class will join us, this year. Here’s how it works:
• Brilliant Brains runs September to June
• At the start of each month, teachers give each student a new Brilliant Brains bookmark (supplied)
• Students are encouraged to read, at their own level, for just 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week
• Every day they read, students track their progress by colouring in a star on the bookmark
• At the end of each month, students bring their completed bookmarks into any Nature’s Fare Market, to receive a healthy treat of their choice, up to a $5 value.
And each completed bookmark is entered into a grand prize draw for a new bike at the end of the school year.
Enrollment takes just a few minutes by filling out an application form.