Vegan Crème de Menthe Squares
Serves 36 | total time 45
- Line the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish pan with parchment paper.
- Add 3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup powdered Swerve, 3/4 cocoa powder, and 1/4 tsp salt to a mixing bowl, give it a stir. Then add 3/4 cup melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir again until well mixed.
- Pour the chocolate graham cracker mixture on top of the parchment paper in the 9×13 pan. Spread it out evenly and pack it down firmly. Put the pan in the fridge while you make the middle layer.
- Using a mixer, blend 3/4 cup butter, 3 cups powdered Swerve, and 1/4 cup crème de menthe liquor, then sprinkle in 1 cup flour to thicken up the mixture.
- Once the crème de menthe ingredients are well blended, spread it on top of the graham cracker crumb layer evenly. Then put back in the fridge for an hour to cool completely.
Top chocolate layer:
- After an hour, melt 12 oz. chocolate chips and 6 tbsp. butter using a double boiler or the microwave until melted and smooth, be careful not to burn.
- Quickly pour the chocolate over the crème de menthe layer and spread evenly using large strokes.
- Place back in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm slightly. Remove the pan from the fridge and cut into approximately 1-inch squares.
- Once it is cut into squares, place back in the fridge for an hour and let it firm up completely.
- Pick up the whole batch by the parchment paper, taking it out of the pan and set it on the countertop. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.