Roasted Potato Salad with Asparagus and Lemon Vinaigrette
- Slice the potatoes into quarters or eighths (depending on the size of the potatoes). You want the potatoes to be cut into roughly 1 1/2-inch pieces and measure out to 4 ½ cups once chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the chopped potatoes in the oil, thyme, garlic, and sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then flip and bake for another 10.
- Toss the asparagus pieces in a little oil and then in the last 8 minutes of the potatoes baking add the asparagus to the same baking sheet just to green them up and soften them slightly.
- Then let the potatoes and asparagus cool completely.
- Prepare the dressing. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. Set aside until ready to add to the vegetables.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat and add ¼ cup of sliced almonds. Keep an eye on them as they will brown up quite quickly. Make sure to toss them occasionally. Then remove from the stove.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and radishes. Option to use a mandolin to get them extra thin.
- Once the potatoes and asparagus have cooled, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss in the vinaigrette. I suggest only adding half the vinaigrette to start with and adding more if desired.
- This salad is best fresh but does last in the fridge for a few days after.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs, and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!