Feeling bad about throwing away your juice pulp? Don’t! Here are some easy, waste-free ways of using every bit of its high-fibre juicing pulp goodness.
- Fold into frittatas, pancakes, or scrambled eggs.
- Make soup stock.
- Cover pulp with water, add a couple of bay leaves, peppercorns, fresh or dried herbs, a chopped onion, and some garlic cloves. Simmer for an hour or two, then strain.
- Add to your favourite casserole, lentil, pasta, or veggie burger recipe.
- Don’t forget your furry family members! Stir some into their food. (Just make sure the ingredients are safe for them.)
- Mix into your favourite muffin or cake recipe.
- Make an antioxidant, mineral-rich skin scrub.
- Mix 2 tbsp of pulp, a drizzle of olive or almond oil, and a sprinkle of coconut sugar. Gently massage into skin and rinse well.
Not ready to use it yet? Put it in ice cube trays or muffin tins and freeze for easy-to-use portions.
Check out our recipe for Juicing Pulp Pesto!
Article was published in The Good Life magazine.