Vega’s Vegan No Bake Dark Chocolate Cashew Granola Bars
- In a large bowl, combine Vega Essentials, oat flour, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the cashew halves. Stir well until the mixture has a dough-like consistency. If it seems too dry, add one tablespoon of almond milk at a time. You don’t want the dough to get too wet, and may find that it’s easier to mix it with hands than a spoon.
- Press the dough into an eight inch by eight inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Leave a little parchment paper hanging over the edges of the dish for easy removal, and use the back of a flipper to make the layer as even and flat as possible.
- Press the cashew halves into the top of the dough and then put the dish in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove the dish and lift the dough out using the parchment paper as handles. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into eight bars.
- In a small saucepan, melt the dairy-free chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Once smooth, pour the mixture into a small jar. Let it cool for a few minutes before drizzling on top of the bars.
- Put the bars back in the freezer for at least 20 minutes and allow the chocolate drizzle to harden.
- Serve immediately, or wrap the bars individually and store them in the fridge or freezer.
Visit myvega.ca for more recipes and healthy living tips.