Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Galette with Toasted Quinoa Crust
‘Tis the season for strawberries and rhubarb, making this galette the perfect vegan dessert recipe for summer! Strawberries are sweet and rhubarb is just a tad tart, and when they’re baked with coconut sugar until bubbly, the end result is like a little slice of heaven. Top the crust with a crunchy and sweet toasted quinoa topping made with Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread, and enjoy!
Toasted Quinoa Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing to combine.
- Spread out mixture on a baking sheet, and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
Crust & Assembly
- Place all crust ingredients, except water, in a food processor, pulsing until crumbs form. Add water with machine running, and mix until just combined.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into an oval about ¼-inch thick and place on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from freezer, and fill with strawberry rhubarb mixture leaving approximately 1-inch around the edge. Fold up the edges, and brush with melted Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread.
- Press toasted quinoa topping onto crust, and bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
See more recipe ideas from Earth Balance.