Vegan Poutine Bowl with Miso Gravy & Green Onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice the potatoes into long fry shaped strips. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with paprika, thyme, sunflower oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay fries on the prepared baking tray. For best result, don’t allow the fries to touch each other (my baking tray is super small so this was unavoidable, but they still turned out fairly crunchy and didn’t stick). Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes flipping halfway, or until crispy and browned.
- While the fries are baking, make the gravy. In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp of vegetable broth and 2 tbsp of miso, whisk to combine until it forms a clumpy paste and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil and minced garlic in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once the garlic starts to sizzle, wait about a minute and then add in the rye flour and arrowroot, whisk to combine.
- Add in the miso/vegetable broth paste while still whisking.
- Pour in the remaining cup of vegetable broth, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast. Whisk until smooth.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the mixture to a boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the gravy is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof container.
- To serve, layer the bottom of each bowl with a handful of arugula.
- Top with fries, gravy, green onions, nutritional yeast flakes, and cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately!
Recipe and photos from Spice and Sprout.