Vegan Bahn Mi
- Slice baguettes in half lengthwise, leaving one side as a hinge. Pull out enough bread that you have a ½ in thick shell leftover.
- Liberally spread chili mayo on both sides of baguettes.
- Arrange fillings: cucumber, tofu, pickled veggies (drained), jalapeno and cilantro. If desired, top with more chili mayo.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in food processor or blender until pureed.
- Slice tofu into 8 rectangles and place in a shallow container.
- Pour sauce over top and let marinade overnight.
- Grill or pan fry tofu until golden.
- In a saucepan, heat vinegar, sugar and salt until just boiling.
- Place carrots and daikon in a container and pour liquid overtop. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine all ingredients.
Follow Vega for more recipe ideas like this.