Healthy Halloween Treats
Get creative and stay healthy this Halloween with these ghoulish snack ideas.
Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins
- Melt butter in a large pot on low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well blended.
- Add in orange food colouring and mix well.
- Add dry cereal and stir until coated.
- Using a buttered spoon press the mixture into mini bunt pans.
- Let set slightly and remove from pan.
- Press two mold together to make a pumpkin.
- Decorate as desired.
Chocolate Coconut Melts
- Warm coconut oil to liquefy.
- Stir in cocoa powder and honey.
- Blend well and pour into molds.
- Freeze and eat!
- Carve and decorate your desired face in the apple.
- Spread jam or nut butter in the base of the mouth.
- Place sliced strawberry to make a tongue.
- Slice apples about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut a shape in the center using a cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 200°F for about 4 hours, or until the apples are dried but not crispy.
- Spread cream cheese on cracker.
- Place pretzels in cream cheese to hold in place.
- Top with another cracker.
- Add eyes of choice.
Mini Candy Apples
- Using a melon baller, cut small balls of apple.
- Insert stick and dip into melted chocolate.
- Dip the bottoms into your favourite toppings. We used chia seeds, coconut chips, and crushed chocolate bar.
- Cut banana in half.
- Add chocolate chips to make a face.