Chickpea Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Bowl
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package (I bring 2 cups of quinoa with 4 cups of water to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile bring one medium and one small pot of water to a boil on the stove. Add the cauliflower to the medium pot and the sweet potatoes to the small pot. Cook each until they are fork tender, approximately 5-7 minutes for the cauliflower and 10-12 minutes for the sweet potatoes, drain each and add them back to their respective pots.
- In a medium frying pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the cooked sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are lightly brown and caramelized.
- Add the sauce, garbanzo beans, coconut milk and spinach leaves to the cauliflower pot over medium heat. Cook until heated through and the spinach is just wilted.
- Stir in the sweet potato and serve over the quinoa or grain of choice. Garnish with the fresh chopped cilantro.
Tori is a Registered Dietitian and self-proclaimed foodie. Her nutrition philosophy embraces moderation and quality without deprivation. She started up Fraîche Nutrition on a whim in August 2014, inspired to help share her love of food and educate others on simple healthy eating at the same time. Tori believes that food and nutrition has become overly complicated, and hopes to help others live healthier lives one wholesome recipe at a time.