BBQ Jackfruit Pulled “Pork”
- To make the barbecue sauce, add 2 teaspoons olive oil to a saucepan and heat over medium-low. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato puree, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, sea salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and cayenne. Whisk until well combined. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse jackfruit if using canned. Place jackfruit on a cutting board and cut out the core. Using your fingers or two forks, shred the jackfruit into a bowl.
- Add barbecue sauce to the bowl of jackfruit and stir. Stir until jackfruit is completely coated. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon safflower oil. Add jackfruit and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Serve BBQ jackfruit pulled pork on a bun with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo from Organic Authority.