Restless legs, twitching eyelids, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, leg cramps and muscle pain all have one thing in common and that is magnesium. Magnesium controls over 300 reactions in the body. A deficiency of magnesium has been implicated in heart disease, depression, brain fog in menopause, migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis and more. Since the 1950s magnesium in food and water has been so depleted that 82% of the population is deficient in this important mineral. Before the introduction of blood pressure medications magnesium was a recognized and very effective treatment. Blood pressure medications today do not work that well in women and men don’t like them because they cause impotence or erectile dysfunction. Magnesium has been extensively researched.
By taking magnesium every day you can:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and death due to cardiovascular disease
- Reduce high blood pressure quickly Improve behaviour and concentration in children with ADHD
- Improve insulin response in diabetics
- Control the pain and inflammation of fibromyalgia when given with malic acid (found in MAGsmart)
- Alleviate migraine headaches and headaches due to muscle tension
- Stop muscle cramps, tics, restless leg syndrome, nighttime leg cramps
- Reduce brain fog and depression associated with menopause
- Eliminate constipation
- The Pill and HRT deplete the body of magnesium so you must supplement
Not All Magnesium is Created Equal
Most magnesium is sold in poorly absorbed forms that cause diarrhea when taken in optimal doses. The best forms of magnesium are bound to amino acids, particularly glycine. Magnesium bisglycinate, found in MAGsmart, is the only magnesium that crosses the blood-brain barrier and is better absorbed. MAGsmart also contains taurine needed to lower high blood pressure and stop edema (especially those puffy bags under the eyes). MAGsmart also contains B vitamins, malic acid and other nutrients to ensure proper muscle function. MAGsmart is a delicious lemon-lime powder that you can add to water, juice or your smoothie for a great tasting drink that works fast.
Learn more from Lorna Vanderhaeghe.