Is the long winter getting you down? It could be Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD. SAD can be caused by changes to the circadian rhythm of the body, or its biological clock. Changes in the amount of daily sunlight can disrupt the body’s natural rhythm and contribute to an imbalance in hormones like serotonin and melatonin.
Shorter daylight hours can disrupt the body’s natural rhythm and decrease melatonin production.
- Melatonin– the body’s natural sleep hormone produced in the pineal gland
- Valerian– stress reduction and helps soothe the nerves
- Passion Flower– renowned nerve tonic to help calm nerves
- Magnesium– helps relax muscles and reduce stress
Decreased energy can be the caused by less sleep, less daylight hours, and lack of essential nutrients.
- B Vitamins– help with metabolism, energy, and nerve function
- Ashwagandha – restores optimal nervous and immune system health
- Maca– supports cognitive function and/or reduces mental fatigue
- Ginseng– effective stimulant of both mental and physical energy
- Vitamin D– helps with overall wellness
Imbalanced hormones such as serotonin and melatonin can cause mood to fluctuate and can lead to mild depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- 5 HTP– boosts the production of serotonin
- SAM-E– improves synthesis of neurotransmitters
- Relora– helps the body manage stress and anxiety
- Holy Basil – nourishes the mind and boosts mood
- High EPA Omega3– supports brain function and increases mood
Talk to our vitamin specialist’s in-store or on our Live Chat to find what’s right for you.