Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
- Wash and dry all the vegetables. Thinly slice the mushrooms using a mandolin or a knife.
- Thinly slice the onion, celery, and carrots. Press the garlic.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with 1-2 tsp of oil.
- Once hot, add the onion and mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes then add the rest of the vegetables and the garlic. Sauté until golden.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the thyme leaves from the stem and then add the thyme and the flour to the pot. Stir to combine and then add the broth.
- Add the rice and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the soup has thickened slightly and the rice is cooked.
- Mix in the coconut milk and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and top with more fresh thyme and sautéed mushrooms (optional).
Store it in the fridge. The soup will thicken over time, so add more broth upon reheating if desired.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs, and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!