Walla Walla Onion, Potato, and Gruyere Galette
This is the perfect dish for entertaining and pairs well with a fresh salad.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a 9-10 inch frying pan over medium heat. Add the thyme and sliced onions and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. (Keep onion slices together when cooking).
- Transfer onions to bottom of greased round baking dish. Arrange in desired pattern.
- Layer half of the sliced potatoes onto of the onions, and sprinkle with half of the cheese, bit of thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining potatoes in a second layer, and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Gently press the layers into place.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Turn upside down on a large plate to serve. Can be served hot or at room temperature.