Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
This is the perfect dessert option for vegans and non-vegans alike. It is not too sweet, easy to make, and tastes delicious.
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 1 hour. Then drain and set aside.
- Add dates to a blender or food processor and blend until broken down to small bits. Remove and set aside.
- Add walnuts and salt to blender and blend into a meal. Then add dates back to blender and blend until combined and sticks together when squeezed.
- A springform pan works best or if making mini desserts a muffin tin with liners.
- Spread crust in the bottom and press down firmly to pack into an even layer. Set in freezer.
- Clean blender and add cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, syrup, pumpkin and spices. Blend until very smooth, adding more liquid if needed. Taste the mixture and add more syrup to taste if needed.
- Pour filling over crust, smooth tops, then cover and place in the freezer until firm. This will take approximately 3-6 hours.
- Let thaw, serve with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Original recipe: The Minimalist Baker