Vegan Maple Sesame Cauliflower “Wings”
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash cauliflower. Cut into florets about the size of a chicken wing, removing the stems.
- In a bowl, mix all the batter ingredients together leaving the bread crumbs out. Place the bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter one floret at a time, shaking off excess batter – they should be just lightly coated. Coat the cauliflower with the breadcrumbs and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all the wings are coated.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.
- Mix all of the coating sauce ingredients in a bowl excluding the chives.
- Remove cooked wings from oven. Use a pastry brush to coat the wings with the sauce. Bake another 5 – 10 minutes to allow the sauce to soak into the wings and crisp up again.
- Add all dipping sauce ingredients into a mason jar, shake well, and serve in a small bowl.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
TIPS: if you want the wings to stay crispier, then skip adding the sauce to the wings and just use the dip. You still get most of the flavour.