Vegan Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Cover cashews in a bowl with hot water. Let soak anywhere from 2 to 6 hours, or refrigerate and soak overnight. If you forget this step, boil cashews for 10 minutes and let sit in hot water for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring pot of water to boil and add one package of Kaslo Sourdough Pasta to pot. Cook until al dente (making sure to not overcook), as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Once the cashews have soaked, drain and add them to your high powered blender. Then add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, almond milk, and spices. Blend until smooth.
- Toss pasta sauce with pasta and pour into an 8×11″ baking pan or two pie dishes. Set aside.
- Heat the vegan butter over low heat and add breadcrumbs. Cook until lightly golden brown and sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake for 12 minutes and ENJOY!
Bailey Campbell can be found on Instagram at @basicswithbails where she crafts recipes and inspires people to live their best and healthiest lives.
Article was published in The Good Life magazine.