Tofu Cashew Lettuce Wraps
Serves 2-3 | 30 minutes
- Make the tofu. Cover the tofu in a towel and lightly press for at least half an hour by placing something heavy on top, to remove some of the excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the tofu in a bowl with arrowroot starch. Add in the oil and toss to coat. Place the tofu on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each piece. Bake for 15–20 minutes, flipping halfway, until slightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the ginger sesame sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Make the vegetables. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the pepper, carrots and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes. Add the roasted tofu, cashews and sauce. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. If the sauce doesn’t thicken, add ½ tsp of starch. Set aside.
- Assemble. Tear the lettuce into large pieces. Place a few spoonfuls of the tofu mixture into the centre of each piece of lettuce. Top with cilantro, green onion and a drizzle of lime juice.
- Roll up and enjoy immediately.
Recipe was published in The Good Life magazine
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!