Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
Serves 2 | 40 minutes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onion, pepper and carrots. Add to the pan and sauté 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger.
- Once the vegetables are golden, add the curry paste. Note: I used Thai Kitchen brand. If you are using a different brand of red curry paste, start with 1 tbsp and go from there as the spice level differs from brand to brand. The Thai Kitchen brand is not overly spicy.
- Add the tamari, vegetable broth and coconut milk. Let the soup come to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ramen cakes. Note: only add the noodles if you are planning on eating the soup right away, as they will absorb some of the liquid if it sits for a while and the soup will have less broth.
- Cook the noodles in the soup according to the package instructions. Divide the soup between bowls and top with a fresh squeeze of lime juice.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!