Sweet Potato Casserole with Granola Topping
- Fill up a large pot with about 2 inches of water and add in the sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the sizes) until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. Drain the water and set aside until cool enough to handle, or run cold water over them to quick-cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Granola Topping: Add all granola ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until fully combined but still chunky. Alternatively, you can mix everything in a bowl as long as you chop the pecans first.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel the sweet potatoes, add them to the food processor in batches, and process until smooth. You can also do this by hand using a potato masher, but a food processor will yield much smoother results. Add the rest of the mash ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the sweet potato mash into an oven-safe casserole dish, even out the surface with a spatula, and cover with the granola topping, evenly distributed.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Mitra Shir is a nutritionist and foodie who aims to inspire people to prioritize their health and nutrition. Find her simple, tasty recipes on instagram: @nutriholist