Spicy Maple Bacon Jam
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally until crisp, 10–15 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Retain 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until softened and caramelized, 15–20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add coconut sugar, bacon, water, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika and maple syrup to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, dark and jammy, 25–30 minutes.
- To serve, layer whipped cheese, bacon jam and a drizzle of chili oil over toasted baguette slices
Recipe was published in The Good Life magazine