Spicy Carrot Lentil Soup
Serves 4 | 50 Minutes
- Cut vegetables and rinse lentils.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté a few minutes. Add ginger, garlic and carrots and sauté a few more minutes. Add lentils, red chili flakes (start with ½ tsp if you have a low spice tolerance) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (Blend carefully or in small batches as the heat can steam and expand in the blender, which can push the top off and cause a mess and burn hazard.) Add back to the pot and whisk in the coconut milk.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!