Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing
Time to Make: 1 hour + 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line 2 baking sheets.
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into small florets, and place in a bowl. Add 2 tsp of oil to the cauliflower and toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then add to a baking sheet.
- Rinse and dry the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas to a bowl and toss with 1-2 tsp of oil of choice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas to the second baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven. Bake the chickpeas for 30-40 minutes until they are crispy. Roast the cauliflower for 40-50 minutes until it is soft and slightly golden. Note: You can roast both on the same baking sheet, I suggest keeping them as separate as you can though as you will need to remove the chickpeas from the oven before the cauliflower.
- While the chickpeas and cauliflower are roasting, prepare the dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Option to whisk the dressing by hand.
- Add ¼ cup of raw pumpkin seeds to a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Occasionally toss until the pumpkin seeds are toasted (roughly 6 minutes).
- Thinly slice the cucumber and green onions. Add a few large handfuls of greens to a large bowl along with the cucumber and green onions.
- Let the chickpeas and cauliflower cool slightly and then add them along with the pumpkin seeds to the greens. Toss in the maple-tahini dressing.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!