Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time To Prepare: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 16 minutes
Makes 9 Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg. Add 1 tbsp flax meal to a small bowl with 3 tbsp of water and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the vegan butter and sugar to a bowl. Use a stand or hand mixer to combine. Add the vanilla, cashew butter and flax egg to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and frozen raspberries.
- It’s best if the raspberries are broken into little pieces and not kept whole.
- Use an ice cream scoop (roughly 3 tbsp) to measure out portions of dough. Roll into balls. Space the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets and lightly press into disks.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and hit the baking sheet on the counter a few times to flatten the cookies. Return to the oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and hit the baking sheet on the counter a few more times to flatten the cookies further. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool before enjoying.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Place any cookie dough balls you are not baking right away in the freezer to keep the raspberries from defrosting.