Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8″ x 8″ square pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg. Add 2 tbsp of flax meal to a small bowl with 6 tbsp of water and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Melt the coconut oil then set aside to cool.
- Add the flax egg, coconut oil, pumpkin, coffee, maple syrup, vanilla and milk to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together just until no more flour is visible. The batter will be thick and smooth.
- Prepare the cinnamon filling. Melt the butter and add to a small bowl. Add the coconut sugar and cinnamon and stir together.
- Pour about half of the batter into the pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter into an even layer. Spread half of the cinnamon filling evenly on top. Add the rest of the batter and smooth out. Top it with the rest of the cinnamon filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. To serve, cut into 9 squares.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container up to 5 days.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!