Pulled Jackfruit Burgers
- Drain and rinse jackfruit.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add rinsed jackfruit, BBQ sauce, and water to the skillet. Stir well and let simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. This will thicken the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a potato masher to mash and pull apart the jackfruit so that it resembles pulled pork. Add sriracha and salt and pepper.
- Spread the “pulled pork” out on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. You can add more BBQ sauce once cooked if you desire.
- To make cabbage slaw, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. You can eat immediately or place in a jar to pickle!
- To assemble burgers, top burger buns with pulled jackfruit, cabbage slaw, and jalapeños!
Bailey Campbell can be found on Instagram at @basicswithbails where she crafts recipes and inspires people to live their best and healthiest lives.
Article was published in The Good Life magazine.