Plant-based Mini Pavlovas
Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 230°F.
- Add aquafaba, cream of tartar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to a large bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk on high speed until the aquafaba mixture is frothy, about 4 minutes.
- Slowly add the sugar, spoonful by spoonful, and continue beating until stiff peaks hold in the meringue, about 10 more minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a piping bag to pipe the meringue into 6 small nests, about 4-inches wide. If you do not have a piping bag, spoon the meringue onto the parchment paper and use the back of the spoon to make a well in the centre.
- Bake at 230°F for 2 hours.
- Turn the oven off and slightly open oven door. Let them cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Open the can of refrigerated coconut milk and scoop out the hardened layer of cream that has solidified at the top. Add to a large bowl with lemon juice and sugar.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk together until stiff peaks form, about 8 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler. You may need to add a little bit of water while melting to get a runny consistency suitable for drizzling.
- Drizzle the shells with melted chocolate.
- Fill each of the pavlova nests with coconut cream. Top with fresh fruit and lemon zest.