Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- In this recipe, we’re replacing water with Traditional Medicinals Organic Peppermint Tea to produce an aromatic, refreshing and undeniably minty flavour.
Why peppermint? Peppermint leaves are packed with essential oils, with menthol being most prominent. This menthol content produces the cool blast of flavour that is unique to peppermint. Traditional Medicinals sources this peppermint primarily from their partner-growers in the Pacific Northwest. Their pristine growing conditions and organic practices help they achieve a crop that’s rich in essential oils, lending their tea its extraordinary, refreshing minty taste.
Try this decadently-rich hot cocoa with a dash of peppermint cheer at your next gathering!
Makes 2 large cups
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil then pour over the tea bags. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeeze out any excess liquid, and compost the tea bags.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the peppermint tea, heavy cream, dark chocolate, and raw honey.
- Stir until the chocolate is dissolved and everything is combined. Do not bring to a boil.
- Pour into two mugs, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!