Peach & Kale Salad with Basil Lime Dressing
Time to make: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Soak the cashews in a bowl covered with hot water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a small pan over medium-low heat for roughly 5–8 minutes, stirring often. Once they look slightly golden, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the barbeque over medium heat. Lightly oil the ears of corn. Place the corn on the grill and cook, rotating frequently, for about ten minutes until the colour turns a brighter yellow and gets slightly charred. Set aside to cool. Cut the kernels off by holding a cob upright on a cutting board and using a sharp knife to cut as close to the base of the kernels as possible.
- Wash and chop the kale, red pepper, avocado and peaches. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the sunflower seeds and corn.
- Prepare the dressing. Add the cashews, basil, lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup and jalapeño to a small high-speed blender. Add a few jalapeño seeds to give the dressing a lovely little zing of heat if desired. Blend until smooth. If dressing is too thick to blend easily, add a splash of water and continue blending.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Serve fresh and enjoy!