- Heat oil in wide sauté pan. Add onions and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15–20 minutes until dark brown.
- Add chicken and sear on both sides.
- Add peppers, garlic, and paprika. Mix well and cook until garlic has softened.
- Add the chicken stock, bay leaves, and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 30 minutes (until chicken is cooked through). Stir every few minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in sour cream (this will give it a creamy texture).
- Add parsley, tamari, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaves and discard.