Paleo Almond Flour Waffles
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt.
- Melt butter and almond butter then add to the flour mixture. Once fully combined, add the yolks, almond milk and vanilla to the batter.
- Fold in the egg whites with a spatula (being careful not to break down the whites too much). The batter should be fluffy and light.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto waffle iron. Allow waffle to cook. I cook mine on the highest setting and a little longer from when the waffle iron goes off, so the waffles are a little crisper!
- To get the waffles even crispier, remove from waffle iron and toast in toaster for a few minutes!
- Top with coconut whipped cream, strawberries, figs, and whatever else your heart desires!”
Bailey Campbell can be found on Instagram at @basicswithbails where she crafts recipes and inspires people to live their best and healthiest lives.