Lentil Stuffed Balsamic Mushrooms
Serves 2 | 45 Minutes
- Night before: Completely cover the Le Puy lentils in water and soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the mushrooms. Gently remove the stems and gills with a spoon.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the mushrooms and toss. Marinate about 15 minutes, flipping every few minutes.
- Prepare the filling. Drain the water from the lentils. Finely chop the artichoke hearts and garlic. Pat any excess oil off the sun-dried tomatoes and finely chop.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and lentils. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant and the lentils are soft.
- Remove from heat. Crumble the vegan feta (setting aside a few tablespoons for topping) and stir into the lentil mixture.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and tap off any excess. Place the mushrooms, caps facing upward, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Evenly divide the lentil mixture into the mushroom caps. Bake for 10–15 minutes. They will be done when the vegan feta is looking golden.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, toast the pine nuts until golden in a small pan over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Top with vegan feta, pine nuts, a squeeze of lemon and freshly chopped parsley.
- Best enjoyed fresh.
Bio: Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs, and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy! https://www.greenseggsandyams.com/ IG: @greenseggsandyams