Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Phyllo Tart
It is tomato season, and we have some beautiful heirloom varieties arriving in our stores. This is the perfect recipe for summer entertaining. The blend of fresh herbs and lemon bring out the freshness of the tomatoes.
- Thaw phyllo according the directions on the package.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay 1 sheet of fillo dough on parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil. Top with another sheet of fillo dough; brush lightly with oil. Repeat until all fillo dough sheets are stacked.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, basil, chives, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Spread evenly on top of fillo dough, leaving a 1-inch border along edges.
- Top with sliced or halved tomatoes. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes until dough is golden brown and flaky.
- Cool tart slightly; top with more chopped basil and chives and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Original recipe discovered from Girl Versus Dough.