- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 tbsp of flax meal with 3 tbsp water. Stir to combine and then let sit for 5 minutes until a yolky consistency has formed.
- While the flax egg sets, add the rest of the ingredients (cashew butter, coconut sugar, molasses, spices, and baking powder) to another bowl. Use a Kitchenaid stand mixer to mix the batter, or mix it by hand.
- Once the flax egg is ready, add it to the other ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. The batter should be wet but thick.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Use the back of a measuring cup and your fingers to spread the batter evenly from corner to corner. You do have to work it a little bit, but it will get there. Sprinkle some more sea salt on top.
- Place in the oven for 17 minutes. The top should look golden brown after 17 minutes but the blondies will still be quite soft- they will firm up in the cooling process. It’s important to let the blondies cool in the pan for roughly 20 minutes. Then you can move them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely. Once cooled, cut them into squares.
- Prepare the icing. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl to remove any clumps. Add the plant-based milk, whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled blondies.
- Store in a sealed container for a week. Enjoy!
Bio: Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs, and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy! https://www.greenseggsandyams.com/ IG: @greeneggsandyams