Gingerbread Biscotti with Goji Berries
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a bowl combine sugar, almond milk, almond butter, molasses, coconut oil, chia seeds and vanilla. Stir together to blend.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir to blend. Add to wet mixture. Fold together to blend.
- Stir in berries and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 12-in (30 cm) log.
- Place logs evenly spaced apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven to a rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 F (170 C).
- Transfer logs to cutting board and slice each log diagonally into 12 even-sized slices.
- Return to baking sheet, placing biscotti ½-in (1.25 cm) apart.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp as you like.
- Cool completely.
- Store in tightly sealed container at room temperature for several weeks.
*In place of pumpkin spice use 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger, ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon, and generous pinches of nutmeg, cloves and black pepper.
Images and recipe are from Botanica.