Fuzzy Bunny Cupcakes
- Preheat the over to 350˚ F.
- Mix cake mix as shown on the package. Adding in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and ½ cup of shredded coconut.
- Add to cupcake liners and bake at 350˚ F for about 12 minutes. Let cool.
- To make the buttercream icing. Cream butter with electric mixer, add vanilla and slowly add the icing sugar. Once combined turn mixer on high and mix for 5 minutes or until it is fluffy (it will almost double in size).
- While the icing mixing, add the remaining shredded coconut to a wide bowl.
- Ice the cupcakes (doesn’t have to be fancy) and turn them upside down into the coconut. Lightly push them into the coconut to cover the icing. This will smooth the icing out and leave little fuzzy domes just waiting to become bunnies!
- For the ears, cut the marshmallow on a diagonal lengthwise creating two ears, with the fresh cut sections being the inside of the ear. Using a small paint brush, paint the sticky section with the beet root powder to make them pink. Place on the top in ear positions.
- Add a pink sour bean nose and two chocolate chips (pointy side down) for eyes. And just like that you have a huddle of delicious bunnies.