Famous Olive Oil Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a 9 inch springform pan or cake pan with parchment paper. Coat the sides with olive oil.
- Cream the sugar and eggs together with a mixer set to medium for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and mix for 1 minute.
- Mix in the orange juice and orange zest.
- Combine the baking soda, baking powder and flour in a separate bowl and add to the ingredients above in two batches. For each batch, gently mix to incorporate all of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix, which can make the cake tough.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The cake is done when it springs back from the touch and and the edges pull away from the pan.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Put confectioners sugar in a sieve and shake it onto the top of the cake.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.