Fall Harvest Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop the butternut squash in half, remove the seeds and peel the skin. Then chop the squash into small cubes. Toss in 1-2 tsp of avocado oil. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- While the squash is in the oven, wash and chop the kale finely. Thinly slice the apple and avocado and remove the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate (if using right from a pomegranate).
- Place ⅓ cup of pumpkin seeds in a small pan over medium-low heat for about 6 minutes until they begin to toast. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the dressing. Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the butternut squash is done, let it cool. Then add the kale, apple, avocado, squash, pumpkin seeds and pomegranates to a large bowl. Toss with the dressing. Start with half the dressing and then judge if you want to add the rest.
- This harvest bowl is best fresh (especially with the dressing on). If not using it all right away, wait to add the dressing and store dressing and salad separately in the fridge.
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs, and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy! https://www.greenseggsandyams.com/ IG: @greeneggsandyams