Cream of Rosemary Chickpea Soup
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add (soaked and cooked) chickpeas and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to a blender; cover loosely, and puree until just smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Serve, garnished with a fresh rosemary sprig, or an additional drizzling of olive oil.