Coconut Curry Soup
- Heat coconut oil in large pot. Add onions and carrots. Sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, curry paste and curry power. Sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently. Optional: If using lemongrass and Kefir lime leafs add here and remove before serving. You can put them in cheese cloth tied together with string for easy removal.
- Add vegetable broth and tofu and let simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and brown rice. Simmer until hot. Season with salt. *Optional: Remove lemongrass and Kefir lime leafs now.
- Cilantro and a splash of lime juice or apple cider vinegar. *Optional: Add Thai basil here
Visit myvega.ca for more recipes and healthy living tips.