Chocolate Linzer Cookies
Vegan & Gluten-Free
- Add the butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together with a large spoon until combined.
- Shape dough into a round disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Before using, let sit at room temperature about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of lightly floured pieces of parchment paper about ¼” thick.
- Use a Linzer cookie cutter to cut out equal amounts of base and top cookie pieces. Transfer the cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Gather scraps of the dough, roll again and cut until no dough is left.
- Bake the cookies for 6–7 minutes until slightly golden on top. Let cool.
- Make the chocolate filling: Add chocolate and coconut milk to a small pot. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Let the mixture cool completely. Set aside.
- Let the cookies cool completely before adding the filling. Spoon a small dollop of the filling on each cookie base. Lightly press the top cookie on top. Refrigerate the cookies until the chocolate is firm.
- Lightly sift icing sugar over cookies, if desired.
- Store in a container at room temperature.
Recipe was published in The Good Life magazine
Robin is the creator of the blog Greens, Eggs and Yams. Her passion is creating vegan and gluten-free foods that don’t compromise on taste. She loves being in the kitchen, creating recipes that everybody can enjoy!