Carrot Cake Donuts
with Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a doughnut pan.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, Swerve, collagen, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl and remove any clumps.
- In a seperate bowl add in the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, shredded carrot, and water. Combine with dry ingredients, ensuring you do not overmix.
- Fill donut pan to the top with batter.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Do not overcook the donuts – very important!
- Once a toothpick comes out clean in the donuts, remove them from the oven, let them cool, and flip over onto a wire rack.
To make icing combine all ingredients in a bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until creamy, well combined and lump free. Icing will be thick so you can pipe onto donuts if you desire!