Butternut Squash Alfredo
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with tall sides on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until transparent and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute, stirring.
- Add the soup and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Transfer the sauce to a tall bowl or a blender and (carefully, you don’t want to burn yourself), blend until smooth with the blender or an immersion blender. Stir in the nutritional yeast and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce back to the pan.
- Add the pasta to the boiling pot of water and cook, stirring to loosen the pasta, until the pasta is al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, using tongs, transfer the pasta to the pan with the sauce and toss to combine with the sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh sage leaves if desired.
Tori is a Registered Dietitian and self-proclaimed foodie. Her nutrition philosophy embraces moderation and quality without deprivation. She started up Fraîche Nutrition on a whim in August 2014, inspired to help share her love of food and educate others on simple healthy eating at the same time. Tori believes that food and nutrition has become overly complicated, and hopes to help others live healthier lives one wholesome recipe at a time.