This burger can’t be beet! Fire up your grill (or oven) and get red-y to get down this with this vegan burger recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray lightly with oil.
- In a food processor, process oats until a fine powder. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Process celery, onion, beets, mushrooms and garlic in food processor until a fine chop. Add to mixing bowl.
- Process kidney beans, nut butter, paprika and chili flakes in food processor until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times. Add into mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to mixture and mix until well combined. Taste to check seasoning.
- Split mixture into 9 equal balls. Form each ball into a patty on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then carefully flip. Bake another 25 minutes.
Morgan Shupe is a Vancouver chef, freelance recipe developer and regular contributor to Vega’s Expert Panel. Her amazingly delicious plant-based recipes for meals and smoothies are well-renowned at the Vega HQ kitchen—where she was formerly Vega’s Chef. See more recipes from Vega.