Avocado Mac & Trees
Blend all ingredients above with a stick blender (or simply mash together with a fork, if you are ok with a chunkier texture). Set aside.
- Boil penne noodles according to package directions; adding all of the chopped broccoli to the pot for the last 5 minutes of cooking time (boil on low so that you can have the lid on, allowing broccoli to steam cook)
- Strain noodles and broccoli and return to pan over low heat
- Stir in avocado “sauce”, along with half of a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas/beans
- Add avocado sauce and stir until it’s heated through
- Top with nutritional yeast (or Parmesan) and serve.
Check out our Rock Your Lunch Box recipe section for more snacks and meals for your little ones.
I’m Melanie. I am a blessed wife and a grateful mama to a sweet and sassy 5 year old, and a playful and busy two year old.
I believe nourishing our bodies with whole foods is a critical components for keeping us healthy, energized, and feeling our BEST. Being in the thick of raising two little ones, I understand the struggle of in feeding picky eaters. I love the challenge of finding practical and DELICIOUS ways to get real food approved by the lil’ skeptics!
For more inspiration from my kitchen and encouragement from my heart, you can find me on instagram at @cleanlittleplates. XO