Live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system.
- We are 90% bacteria, most of which live in the gut
- An imbalance in our gut bacteria is connected to a wide variety of symptoms including indigestion, irregularity, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD); and possibly to autoimmune diseases, metabolic issues like obesity, and mental health issues.
- Probiotic supplements act as a seed for the bacteria in our gut. Our diet feeds this bacteria and turns it into a vast ecosystem.
- Multi-strain, human-strain probiotics tend to be most effective.
- More research is needed on how our gut bacteria affect our health.