Vega: Chocolate Protein Cupcakes with Avocado Frosting
Why wait for a special occasion? These Chocolate Cupcakes have protein to make them an any-day-snack. See if your friends can guess the secret frosting ingredient!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, protein, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine milk, vinegar, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together and pour into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are cooling make frosting. In a blender combine, avocado, orange zest and juice, cocoa powder, protein, salt and maple syrup.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!