Sadly much of BC is being affected by the smoke caused by the numerous wild fires burning in the province. Excess smoke in the air can cause respiratory issues, even in those who would normally have healthy lungs. We have many natural solutions to help improve respiratory function by opening airways, clearing mucous, and decreasing inflammation.
Here are our top four product suggestions.
- Increase antioxidants – especially vitamin A. Vitamin A helps keep the lining of your respiratory system healthy, so it can help protect it from damage caused by smoke particles.
- Stay hydrated with electrolytes. They provide minerals that are needed to stay hydrated at a cellular level and being well hydrated allows all function to work optimally.
- RespirActin helps you breathe easy – fast! Safe and effective, RespirActin is made from a treasured 150 year old formula that goes to work immediately to help relieve symptoms of allergies, asthma, hay fever and respiratory irritation, bringing the respiratory system back into balance.
- Surobreathe It is great for relief of seasonal or environmental allergies, sinus and chest congestion. It also helps asthma sufferers. It works by quickly relaxing bronchial passages, clearing mucous and opening up airways. It soothes and heals inflammation and irritation.
- Lung, Bronchial & Sinus Health by Natural Factors, contains tested herbs and nutrients that help soothe irritated airways, thin mucus, and loosen phlegm to improve breathing and calm coughs. Formulated by renowned naturopath, Dr. Michael T. Murray, this non-drowsy formula enhances lung and bronchial function, and supports sinus health.
- Total Lung Therapy by Renew Life, works to cleanse the respiratory system by expelling mucous from deep within it. It also works to soothe and heal the tissue of the respiratory tract as well as protect and strengthen the entire respiratory system. It is ideal for smokers, ex-smokers, asthmatics, or anyone with lung issues.
Other helpful products for sinus and eye relief:
- Xlear Nasal Spray
- A. Vogel Sinna spray
- Neti Pot and Saline Rinse
- Colloidal Silver Spray
- Similisan Dry Eye Drops
- Similisan Allergy Drops
Our thoughts are with those who are fighting the fires; stay safe and thank you for all that you do!